If you want to delete your Flickr and Yahoo account, you have to keep a few things in mind:
- The Yahoo account deletion page will require your current password.
- If you used the flickr app for 2 Factor Authentication, you’ll need to disable it. Otherwise you cannot use your Yahoo account password to delete the account.
- If you want to save your pictures from Flickr, go to the camera roll. Select every image you’ll need and then you can select download. There is no need for any special tool.
- If you delete your flickr account first, you’ll automatically create a new flickr account once you’ve open the flickr page again. But don’t worry, this new account will be deleted automatically once you’ve deleted the Yahoo account.
- Uninstall all apps on your computers or mobile devices linked to Yahoo.
- Uninstall any WordPress plugins linking to Flickr.
- Remove any links to Flickr, e.g. in ifttt.
I’m considering now uploading my pictures to 500px. It is sad to leave Flickr, I always liked the groups and the sheer amount of inspiration and ideas.