XBMC is no more, it was replaced by KODI. The OpenElec team updated its media center distribution to version 5.0.0 which includes KODI. So it was time to update my RaspberryPi and its really easy:
- Backup your current installation with the OpenElec Backup tool.
- Move your backup to a secure location. You can access the backup tar file via SMB from the backup share.
- Download the 5.0.0 release image for Raspberry Pi.
- Place the tar file in the update share of your OpenElec installation.
- Reboot your Raspberry Pi.
- It should be rebooting a few times.
After these steps you should be greeted with the new KODI logo.
And you’re done, its really easy as a Pi 😉